These are pictures I pilfered from Facebook, and were NOT intended to be detail oriented. But, here’s a smattering of how I roll:
This is from a wedding we went to in Philadelphia a while ago. This is an example of how I stay away from “matchy-matchy” and like to mix it up with unexpected pieces. I’m also not afraid of the tailor: this dress has a small slit in the back which made it feel too office-y for me, so I had it stitched up. The clutch was a Salvation Army find that started life as a 2 pocketed makeup bag, but I ripped the plastic out of the middle to make it one big(ger) unit.
- Dress, pink cotton: old Robin Jordan from TJ Maxx (similar here) (similar here for $59) (similar here)
- Shoes, tan and navy satin, wood stacked heel: old Lela Rose for Payless (similar here) (similar here for under $50)
- Clutch, cream and multi cotton: old Salvation army find (similar here) (similar vintage here)
- Pin on clutch: this is an actual slice of pear from the now closed Black Cat in Philadelphia (similar fruit jewelry here) (DIY tutorial here!)
- Scarf, purple “pashmina”: I sadly lost this a long time ago. It was a present from my mom, and I think she got it at Macy’s. (similar here in Light Purple) (similar here for $10!)
This is from the first time I met my niece! I spotted this shirt in black in the window of a closed No Rest For Bridget one morning. I thought about it ALL DAY, and finally went back, but the store was closed for the night! I went back the next day and snagged this baby in cream. I believe the print is a McQueen knock-off, but I don’t care. This is a go-to shirt, as it hides many sins, and I ALWAYS get compliments when I wear it. The jeans are also a staple. They are labeled as slim fit, but they are more of a slim boyfriend fit.
- Shirt: No Rest For Bridget (long sleeve version here) (similar long sleeve here) (similar print scarf here)
- Jeans: Forever 21 (similar here) (similar here)
This picture is ridiculously dark (and ridiculous in general! I’m using my thinning shears on a dude friend), but here I am with straight hair and an arm party. This is a total Look for Less outfit, thank you Forever 21.
- Shirt: DARK purple velvet burnout from Forever 21(jacket version here) (similar here) (tank top alternative here)
- Pants: High-ish waisted black skinnies from Old Navy (lower rise version here) (slightly different version here)
- Earrings (which you can barely see, but are FAB): white/gold with black tassels from Forever 21 (similar here) (similar here)
- Bracelet: Black and gold pyramid studs stretch from Forever 21(bangle alternative here) (tough alternative here) (sweet alternative here)
- Bracelet: Brown and white heffalump enamel hunged bangle (black/white version here) (ivory version here)
- Rest of arm party: Maybe my old Italian Charm Bracelet? And a few skinny bangles? I can’t really tell…
Here’s a sporty look from hiking in Laguna Beach. I have a zillion layers because the weather was so crazy there: freezing in the shade and boiling in the sun. I am also wearing a fanny pack (which came with a pair of Stella McCartney for Adidas sneakers) as a weird backpack because the water bottle in it kept pulling it down off my waist. Those are my FAVORITE leggings: they were stirrups (remember like 5 years ago when it was cool to wear those over heels?) but when I got tired of them, I had the bottoms tailored off. They have a really wide waistband which is super flattering and comfy.
- Tank: neon yellow Mossimo for Target (buy it here in Yellow Fizz?) (similar here)
- Shirt: old white Nike heat insulator (similar here) (similar here) (similar here)
- Hoodie: old Grey thermal by Caslon (similar here)
- Leggings: old Marc Jacobs (similar here) (similar here)
- Bag: old Stella McCartney for Adidas (similar here) (similar here) (studded option here) (sleek option here)
Here’s a solid go-to outfit, especially for weird weather. I’m in Huntington Beach in this picture, and am wearing a tank (just plain white, which you can’t see), an oxford, and a cotton blazer, all of which I wore in a variety of combinations that day!
- Jeans: AG “The Legging” (buy them here) (other colors here) (polka dot version here)
- Jacket: Black cotton by Krisa (coated version here) (similar here under $20!) (similar here)
- Oxford: White cotton Mossimo for Target (striped version here) (similar here) (similar here)
- Bag: old H&M (VERY similar here) (similar here) (similar here)
- Sunnies: old H&M? (vintage version here) (similar here) (expensive but awesome version here)
- Earrings: turquoise and gold old Forever 21 (similar here) (similar here) (similar here) (sleek alternative here)