If you’ve read/heard ANY NATIONAL NEWS this week, you know that the Chicago Public School teachers have been on strike. Our union color is red, so I’ve been wearing only a variety of red t-shirts and jeans/leggings all week. Finally, I decided today was the day to spice that picket line up a bit.
I mostly just wanted to bust out my (super comfortable!) boots to get away from the gym shoes and flipflops I’ve been rocking all week. And thus a cute outfit was born.
Remember Jill? She brought her awesome camera to the event, and during some downtime decided that I needed my first official Outfit Blog Modelling Session. It was AWKWARD to say the least, especially since we were at a bus/train station (to hand out flyers). And doing anything for the first time IN PUBLIC, IN BROAD DAYLIGHT is weird! But Jill assured me that posing for blog photos is always weird (even a few months in, for her). So here are my very first Intentional Outfit Blog Photos:
So silly! Jill taught me the “shoes to the side, body to the front” pose that gives you guys the best view of what I’ve got going on.
Blue Steel. And what.
Jewelry detail. My modeling skills need work, but at least the merchandise looks good! I could’ve just gone with black sunnies, but that felt too match-y. These white ones are still neutral, but less of an obvious choice.
Here’s a sad iPhone picture of the purse I was wearing during the day:
Since it was Friday, and the boyf woke me up from a much needed afternoon nap saying I had approximately 4 minutes to get ready, I wound up wearing the exact same outfit out that night with only a shoe and bag change. I switched to ballet flats because we were hoofing it to a bar several blocks away AND it was still warmer out than anticipated. I also swapped the Union Red bag for an oversized clutch to make the overall look read more “evening”.
- Vest: old Gap wool (buy it used here) (similar here) (faux fur alternative here)
- Blouse: Forever 21 [this came with a little “tie” attached, which I cut off and saved for later] (buy it here) (similar here) (similar here)
- Tank: old Agaci (similar here) (similar here)
- Jeans: AG “The Legging” (buy them here) (other colors here) (polka dot version here)
- Boots: old Kenneth Cole (similar here) (similar here) (similar here) (similar here)
- Necklace: Gift from Mom, source unknown (similar here) (similar here) (and here) (elaborate alternative here)
- Ring: old Loehman’s find (similar here) (similar here) (understated alternative here)
- Sunnies: Gift from a friend from Target, probably in the Dollar Department (similar here) (similar here for $4!) (Ray Bans here)
- Nails: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Sonic Boom (buy it here) and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Red Carpet (buy it here)
- Red purse: old Target (similar here) (similar here) (and here) (and here)
- Black purse: thrift store find (similar here) (similar here) (and here)
- Black ballet flats: Tieks (buy them here) (similar here) (similar here for $15)