This outfit was for an impromptu Date Night with the Mr. and his best friend. We went to this new hipster steak house (you heard me!) within walking distance of both of our apartments, so comfy shoes were happening. Especially since I was with two dudes who could not have cared less about my accessory choices.
I bought this Snow Leopard top on a recent shopping trip with Jill. I ended up buying 2 items on that trip, both of which Jill already owns. Whoopsie. Great minds think alike.
The Mr. loves when I wear button downs like this, and I was itching to pull the tags off, so I undid one extra button than would be professional, and viola! Date night. I had seen this top advertised with bright green pants, so I dug out the closest item I had: an old pair of red jeans. The jeans have kind of a weird, super low rise, so I opted to leave the shirt untucked. I also took these suede black flats out of a long retirement, and threw on this corduroy jacket to make the whole thing feel a little more Fall.
My hair was still pretty wet from showering late, so I blow-dried it a little, and whipped it into a messy sidebun. I kind of anguished over the jewelry, and wound up keeping it simple. I had put those pyramid stud pins on the jacket a long time ago, so I referenced the punk rock vibe in the earrings and the simple skull bracelet. I started to assemble an arm party, but I thought it worked better by itself with this otherwise preppy look.
You can’t really tell in the pictures, but all I have on my face is my Aveeno moisturizer, black liner, mascara, and a red lip stain. (Red cheeks courtesy of a piping hot shower!)
- Black corduroy jacket: old Gap [remember when SJP did that campaign with them? That one]: (hooded option here) (soft hooded option here) (blazer option here)
- Blouse: J. Crew Boy Shirt in Snow Cat (buy it here on sale) (similar here) (similar here for $15! and styled with red pants…)
- Red jeans: old Target (similar here in Crimson) (similar here) (similar here)
- Black suede flats: old Rampage (similar here) (similar here) (shiny option here) (small heel option here)
- Earrings: old Filene’s Basement find, came in a set of 3 pairs (similar here) (similar here) (shorter option here) (super short option here)
- Skull bracelet: ebay find (buy it here or here in Black) (delicate with diamonds option here) (gold skeleton option here)
- Pyramid stud pins: I think this was an old Salvation Army find (buy in bulk here and here both less than $4)
- Lipstain: Covergirl Outlast in Wild Berry Wink (buy in drugstores or online here)