I got to go to my first legit runway show this past weekend! It was The Art Of Fashion put on by StyleChicago.com. Ten Chicago designers were featured, but to be honest, the runway fashions were the least exciting part of this evening. We had VIP tickets, so we got to go to a cocktail reception before, where we drank almond champagne (AMAZING!), a tiny bit of sushi, and all the Luna bars we could stuff into our purses.
Jill and I sat next to each other in the third row (the other girls with us were spread out in the row behind us), towards the middle of the runway, so the models often stopped to pose right in front of us.
Afterwards, we grabbed our SUPER heavy swag bags and headed over to the after party at ROOF on the Wit. By the time we finished our complimentary drink (and took plenty of ridiculous pictures), we were all pretty tipsy and very hungry. We ended the evening with plenty of peanut sauce at Butterfly.
It was so gross and rainy out – I temporarily put my hair in a side fishtail.
We called my look “Witch Going to a Rave” and Jill’s was “J Crew Goes to the Prom”
Here’s a shot of all the jewels and bag at once.
- Blazer: old H&M (very similar here) (cute option here)
- Mongolian Fur Scarf: old, not sure where from! (very similar here and here)
- Black Turtleneck (not really seen): old H&M girl’s department (similar here and here)
- Silver Skirt: Forever 21 (buy here) (similar here)
- Ankle Boots: old Cynthia Rowley (similar here, here, and here)
- Clutch: thrifted (similar here, here and here)
- Earrings: Forever 21 in Aqua (buy here) (options here and here)
- Ring: Forever 21 (buy here) (similar here and here)
- Silver Bracelet: old Forever 21 (similar here and here)
- Multi-color Bracelet: Gift, I think from Macy’s (options here, here, and here)
- Gold/black Bracelet: old Forever 21 (similar here, here and here)
Check out pics from the runway and the loot from our swag bags here.