Saturday had a theme of triple dates, bourbon, and these American Eagle jeans. The boyf and I went out to eat both brunch and dinner with our favorite third wheel. Both meals involved bourbon (a fun orange juice involved cocktail for brunch, Manhattans for dinner). And I wore these new pants all day (with ballet flats, pale pink tank, and black long sleeve tee preshower).
In fact, I CLEANED UP at a trip to American Eagle on Friday. I went in search of a plaid oxford, but ended up with 2 pairs of pants, a dark denim shirt, and a chambray shirt for the mister (I can’t find the right one for me, but found a great one for him) all for just over $100!
The fit on these jeans is called Skinny Kick, which means they are skinny jeans but with a little boot flare at the bottom. I found these to be extremely flattering since my ankles can sometimes look too skinny which makes my thighs look disproportionately bigger. The whiskering on these is a little more aggressive than I tend to like, but the cut was so flattering, I had to make an exception.
I pulled this velvet burnout shirt out of a short retirement, and decided I needed a little more color. Enter the teal wedges, and then I added a little bit of teal jewelry to help it all make sense.
These earrings have been sitting in a jewelry box for a million years patiently waiting for today. The sequins have sort of dark blue and teal shades to them, making them exactly perfect for this outfit.
You know my rule about bringing a sweater to a restaurant.
- Velvet shirt: old Forever 21 (similar here and here)
- Jeans: American Eagle (buy here, even cheaper in stores)
- Belt: old Gap (similar here)
- Bangle: gift (indentical here, similar here and here)
- Earrings: oooold Claire’s (?) (similar here and here)
- Shoes: Merona Melinda in Green (buy here and in more colors here)
- Cardigan/blazer: old Krisa via Nordstrom Rack (similar here and here)
- Faux leather jacket: old Forever 21 (similar here and here)