FREEZING OUT! I wore this just to go shopping, but shopping in the city means a lot of outdoor time. My favorite trick for when it’s super cold is to wear my cheapest sweater. You heard me! Cheap sweaters are made of cheap, synthetic fabrics which trap in your body heat. This wrap sweater is an old go to for cheap warmth. I had forgotten about these (also cheap!) fur lined boots. Paired with wool socks, these babies kept my feet nice and toasty.
The drawback to all this synthetic heat is that the fabrics don’t really breathe once you are inside. Between my plastic layers and the additional 50% off sale items at J. Crew, I was in a bit of a sweat.
(I only tossed on these necklaces for a little pop of color in the pictures, but I took them off to make room for a big scarf once I headed out.)
- Sweater oold Forever 21 (similar)
- Necklaces ?? (similar yellow, last worn, similar blue)
- Tee H&M (similar)
- Tank Mossimo via Target (buy)
- Jeans Old Navy (buy in Dark Wash)
- Shoes old Breckell via Barefeet Shoes (similar, similar)