This skirt was probably too short for school, but that’s the beauty of the opaque tight. ALL of my skin is totally covered up, so it’s not nearly as scandalous as it could have been. Our school librarian gave this look a hilarious title – and told me to feel free to use it on my blog – but now I can’t remember! Something about a school girl gone bad, but way better than that. Let’s just pretend I remembered and it was awesome.
- Blazer Merona via Target (buy)
- Shirt J.Crew Factory (buy)
- Pearls Brooks Brothers, Express, mom’s
- Pin thrifted (similar)
- Skirt Ebay (buy)
- Tights American Eagle
- Shoes Zara (similar)
Here are the results from my first school picture not as a student. It came out pretty well, if you ignore the weird general Stepfordness. I ripped the above tiny picture off of the cd they gave us to make IDs for the kids. Below is a fuzzier, but more complete version (a crop of the cell phone pic I texted my mom!).
I wanted to go for something pretty classic, so I reached for my standard white blouse and black sweater vest. I couldn’t be bothered to dry my hair straight, and my waves are not what I’d call super professional, so I went for a low bun to keep things neat. Finally, I threw in the yellow bubble necklace for a little personality, but mostly because I had recently gotten it and was obsessed! A shorter necklace would’ve fit the frame of the picture better: lesson learned for next year.
If you are curious what I wore on my bottom half (you probably aren’t), it was these teal pants and, I think, black flats.
- Blouse Limited (buy)
- Vest Brooks Brothers (buy)
- Earrings “borrowed” from Mom (similar)
- Necklace J. Crew Bubble Necklace knockoff via Ebay (buy) (original)
*Fun fact: The guts of the yearbook my celeb twin, Melissa Joan Hart, tries to get everyone to sign in Can’t Hardly Wait, is my high school’s yearbook (with a different cover)! I wasn’t a senior that year, but I wonder if she flipped through it when she was bored and thought, “Hey, that girl kind of looks like me!” (Spoiler alert: she totally did not.)
I wore this for Report Card Pickup Day. I feel like when I’m trying to look super professional, I tend to err on the side of BOOORING. I immediately grabbed this white blouse and the black sweater vest (just like I did for Picture Day – still waiting to see how those came out…) but decided to add some serious color to make the look less, well, serious.
Browsing through This Time Tomorrow‘s shopping site, her Alaia’s reminded me that I still had these cute little maryjanes. I only lasted about 15 minutes in those heels before changing into my Tieks – the heels aren’t particularly uncomfortable but after walking up and down our super long hallway 3 times, I realized it just wasn’t happening.
I did, however, get A LOT of compliments on my necklace. Meanwhile, you can’t even see most of it! It has 7 different flowers in a variety of colors, but only 3 peek out of my collar. That’s okay, I’ll save the big reveal for another day.
- Coat: old J. Crew (similar here and here)
- Sunnies: Forever 21 (similar here and here)
- Shirt: Limited (buy here)
- Sweater vest: Brooks Brothers (buy here)
- Pants: Mossimo via Target (buy here)
- Necklace: old Forever 21 (similar here and here)
- Ring: gift from my Mister – one of very few ‘real’ jewelry I own (similar here, here, and here)
- Shoes: old Fioni via Payless (similar here and here)
- Nail polish: Essie something from the salon – it was much more purple in the bottle