Since I will be in costume at school on Halloween, I thought I’d bust out some of my fun “spooky” goods to wear the day before. Here’s one of my standbys: the skull shirt (more about it here). I originally paired it with a black jacket, but the outfit desperately needed a pop of color. None of my colorful jewelry was speaking to me, so I dug this purpley-blueish cardigan out of retirement.
Thanks to Hurricane Sandy, it was windy and cold here in Chicago (though, I guess we can’t exactly complain…), but I braved the elements and took off my coat for photos!
*Side note: my cami is pulled down way too low over my hips, it should’ve been hiked up like 4 inches to just peek out under the blouse. But I was too cold to think about it!
I DO NOT know what’s happening here, but it’s a good shot of the rouching on the sweater and the hi-lo hem on the blouse. Below is another awkward shot, but I’m very proud of myself for venturing into darker eye shadows instead of my usual shimmery pink or peach.
- Coat: old Tahari (similar here)
- Cardigan: super old Limited (similar here and here)
- Blouse: No Rest For Bridget (buy it here or in black here)
- Tank: old Poof! (similar here and here)
- Pants: old Cynthia Rowley (similar here and here)
- Shoes: Dr Scholl’s via TJ Maxx (similar here and here)
- Bracelets: Double Skulls from Ebay (buy it here or here in Black), Movie Monsters were a gift (similar here and here)
- Nail Polish: OPI in I Only Date Werewolves and He’s My Boo (buy here or buy 2012 version here)
In honor of upcoming Halloween and my reigning obsession with studs, spikes, and skulls, here is some awesomely tough looking jewelry at hilariously low prices, via Ebay. Everything is under $3, and I think most of them have free shipping.
The best part about buying these super cheap pieces (usually from Asia), is that by the time they are delivered, you already forgot that you ordered it! So, it’s like sending yourself a present in 3 weeks.