Here’s what I wore out for New Year’s Eve. We had only planned on going out to dinner with our fave buddy, so I hadn’t put much thought into my outfit. I tried on several combos with varying degrees of sparkle, and would up with this. I basically piled of a ton of shimmery stuff and called it a day! NYE (and maybe Halloween…) is the only time you can pile on the sparkles like this, and I took full advantage.
The reason why this insanity works is the simple pants and solid blazer give the eye a safe place to rest. The straight hair also calmed down the whole vibe – my usual messy waves would’ve added to the noise.
The only new item here is the jacket (gift from Mom!). This is yet another example of how a blazer is the easiest way to smarten up a look. I look like a crazy teenager with the hoodie, but the (very inexpensive, btw) blazer gives this a finished, polished vibe.
- Blazer Merona via Target – thanks Mom! (buy)
- Sequin hoodie old Cabo via Nordstrom Rack (similar, similar)
- Pink tank old Free People (similar, similar)
- Cami old Poof! (similar)
- Pants Jessica Simpson via TJ Maxx (similar)
- Shoes ooooold Fioni via Payless (similar, similar, last worn)
- Necklace old Forever 21 (similar)
- Rhinestone bracelet old Forever 21 (similar, similar)
- Bangle favor from Indian wedding (similar)
- Clutch old Barefeet Shoes (similar)